Workshop Technician Manager
Plus X Brighton
BRITE is an exciting new programme focused on supporting high growth businesses. Subject to funding confirmation, we are looking for a Workshop Technician Manager to support this specialist innovation space with advanced prototyping and test equipment.
Job Title: Workshop Technician Manager
Reporting to: Managing Director Plus X Brighton
Funded by: European Regional Development Fund
Supervisory Responsibility: Workshop Technician
Internal: Programmes Manager, Partnerships Manager, ERDF Project Manager, Construction Project Manager
External: Delivery and Development Manager University of Brighton
The above full time post is available from 1st January 2020 until 30th June 2023, and is a member of the new Brighton Research and Innovation Technology Exchange (BRITE) project team. This role is dependent on the confirmation of funding from the Managing Authority.
Main purpose of job:
To manage workshop space in the ERDF Brighton Research and Innovation Technology Exchange (BRITE) Innovation Space, ensuring that the workshops are fit for purpose and run effectively. The role will establish, implement and maintain the processes to manage the workshop and ensure high levels of H&S.
- Key responsibilities include
- To provide subject matter expert on high tech RD&I equipment
- To develop training materials for delivery of RD&I equipment ‘How Tos’ for
- Responsibility for oversight of operations of the workshop
- To work directly with aspiring scale ups to utilise RD&I equipment to develop early stage prototypes and overcome technical barriers
- Management of workshop materials and RD&I equipment budgets
- Responsible for establishing and monitoring workshop health and safety procedures and protocols
- Risk management of all workshop activities
- Supports the MD with daily operations and facility management eg. coordination of contractors, space specifications and upgrades etc
- Line manages workshop technician
- Lead on the procurement of RD&I equipment under the supervision of ERDF Project Manager
Key Result Areas:
- Effectiveness of equipment and training materials
- Health & Safety compliance
- High levels of workshop utilisation
Personal & Team Responsibilities:
- Provide a good role model for staff and trainees and project a positive image to internal and external contacts and customers
- Demonstrate the Company’s culture, values and behaviours
- Take responsibility for own self-development on a continuous basis.
- Carry out responsibilities with due regard to the Data Protection Act and current Data Protection policy
- Carry out responsibilities with due regard to the Company’s Equal Opportunities Policy and Environmental Policy
- Work at all times within the code of the Health & Safety Act
This job description is not comprehensive or exclusive and duties may be varied from time to time, but these will not change the general character or level of responsibility of the job. This job description and your performance will be regularly reviewed.